LEGG Company, Inc.
At LEGG – from start to finish, top to bottom, inside and out – we ensure that our conveyor belts meet our customers' high expectations.
- LEGG Company started in 1939 with an idea from a tire and canvas
repair shop owner named Ed Toevs.
- Patented in 1942, the company was called the Rub-R-Slat Draper Co.
- In 1940 Mr. Ed Toevs formed a partnership with Mr. Everett LEGG.
- In 1945 Mr. Everett LEGG formed LEGG Company as a marketing branch for the Rub-R-Slat Draper Co. products.
- In 1952 Mr. LEGG bought out Mr. Toevs for a grand sum of $114,572.57.
- The company was formally incorporated as LEGG Company, Inc.
in December 1964.
- LEGG Company became a pioneer in the development of belting for
the round hay baler in the early 70’s.
- In the late 70’s LEGG Company began to expand into
the industrial belting market.
- In 1991 LEGG Company decided to enter the commodity belting market.