California Consumer Privacy Act
Effective Date: 30 June 2023
ContiTech USA, Inc. (“ContiTech”, “us,” “we,” or “our”) collects and processes information about you as described in this Privacy Notice (“Notice”). We are committed to protecting the privacy of those with whom we interact. This Notice contains details about how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information that we obtain from and about you when you interact with the Website. Please read this Notice carefully.
Applicability: This Notice does not apply to job applicants or our employees, contractors, or agents.
Whenever you interact with us on behalf of another individual or entity, such as by providing or accessing Personal Information about another individual, you represent that your interactions and exchanges comply with applicable data protection laws. You shall have sole responsibility for any violation of privacy laws as a result of a failure to inform the other individual about how their Personal Information will be processed or to obtain any necessary consent from such individual.
Changes: We may update this Notice from time to time. The current Notice will be effective when posted. Please check this Notice periodically for updates. If any of the changes are unacceptable to you, you should cease interacting with us. When required under applicable law, we will notify you of any changes to this Notice by posting an update on this website. When required under applicable law, we will seek affirmative consent from you before making material changes to the way we handle Personal Information previously collected from you. If you do not provide such consent, Personal Information will continue to be used in a manner that is consistent with the version of this Notice under which it was collected.
2. Sources of Personal Information
Personal Information refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or household (as applicable), and includes the information considered “personal information”, “personal data”, or other substantially equivalent terms defined in applicable data protection laws.
We collect information about you and how you interact with us in several ways, including:
- Information you provide to us directly. We collect the information you provide to us directly.
- Information automatically collected or inferred from your interaction with us. We automatically collect technical information about your interactions with us (such as IP address and browsing preferences).
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Notice, including third party sources and public sources, and use or disclose it for the purposes identified below.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect
ContiTech mostly collects contact information and other information to complete transactions and facilitate our relationship with you. Nevertheless, given the broad range of contexts in which we interact with individuals, we’ve provided a broad list of potential types of data we could collect about you, most of which will not apply to most people. With that context, the types of information that we may have collected about you during the previous 12 months may include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, postal address, country of residence, email address, phone number, or other similar identifiers.
- General geolocation information, such as approximate location based on IP address.
- Professional and employment information, such as job title, business address, employment history, or other professional information.
Anonymous/Non-Personal Information. We may collect, either directly or through third parties, certain generalized, anonymized information, including demographic informational (e.g., gender), non-specific location information, and other non-personally identifiable data that is associated with your interactions with the Website. This information cannot be used to identify you or any specific individual.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use each category of your information described above in the following ways:
- To enable interactions between you and us, such as to facilitate online purchases of our products; process shipping and returns; register and administer your account, provide you with and support your interactions with us; diagnose, repair and track service and quality issues; facilitate an order, download, return, or exchange; provide requested product information; communicate with you about your account or our data practices; install and configure changes and updates to programs and technologies related to interactions with us; authenticate those who interact with us; or to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- For our own internal business purposes, such as to evaluate or audit the usage and performance of programs and technologies related to interactions with us; evaluate and improve the quality of your interactions with us and programs and technologies related to interactions with us; design new services; process and catalog your responses to surveys or questionnaires (e.g., customer satisfaction reviews); perform internal research for technological development and demonstration; conduct data analysis and testing; maintain proper business records and other relevant records.
- For legal, safety or security reasons, such as to comply with legal requirements; protect our safety, our property or rights of those who interact with us, or others; investigate and respond to claims against us, our customers, our partners, and our employees; address security and health and safety issues (including managing spread of communicable diseases; and detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For marketing. We may use your Personal Information to market our products or services or those of third parties, such as our business partners. We may use your Personal Information when you participate in marketing surveys, questionnaires, promotions, events or contests. We may audit aspects of our ad impressions. We may use your Personal Information for short-term transient use, including for contextual ad customization. We may use your Personal Information to enhance our content and to potentially send you commercial emails.
- Unsubscribing to promotional email messages. To opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from us, please click on the "Unsubscribe" link contained at the bottom of each email or by contacting us using the contact information identified below. You may still receive emails on important topics from us, such as emails about your transactions with us or concerning legal topics.
- For any other purposes for which you provide consent.
5. To Whom Do We Disclose Your Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to the categories of recipients described below:
- Affiliates and subsidiaries: We may disclose your Personal Information within our group of companies, which includes parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership for the purposes described above.
- Third party service providers: We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers working on our behalf in order to facilitate our interactions with you or request or support our relationship with you, such as hosting service providers, IT providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, analytics companies, and marketing providers (e.g., we may disclose your email address to our outbound email marketing provider). We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including identity verification, email distribution, market research, and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected.
- Professional consultants, such as accountants, lawyers, financial advisors, and audit firms.
- Vendors necessary to complete transactions you request, such as shipping companies, payment processors, and logistics providers.
- In connection with a transaction: If we sell some or all of our assets, merge or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy, we will disclose your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
- Your employer or coworkers: If you interact with us in connection with business-to-business transactions on behalf of your employer, coworkers or other individuals designated by your employer may view any Personal Information that we collect in connection with your use of or interaction with us.
We may also de-identity, anonymize, or aggregate Personal Information to disclose to third parties for any purpose.
6. Your Rights
According to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), you may have certain rights, including the following:
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request information about the categories of Personal Data we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Data, the purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing the Personal Data, and to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data and why. You may also request the specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights.
You may exercise your rights by using the contact information set forth in Section 11 below. You may correct or update any of the Personal Information You provided to Us when You registered for an account on the Website by editing your Registered User profile.
We may request additional information from you as necessary to allow you to exercise your rights, and we may deny your request where we have a legitimate basis to do so.
7. Security and Retention
We maintain reasonable security procedures and technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, disclosure, alteration, or use. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
We retain your Personal Information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless we are required to do otherwise by applicable law. This includes retaining your Personal Information to provide you with the products or services you have requested and interact with you; maintain our business relationship with you; improve our business over time; ensure the ongoing legality, safety and security of our services and relationships; or otherwise in accordance with our internal retention procedures. Once you have terminated your relationship with us, we may retain your Personal Information in our systems and records in order to ensure adequate fulfillment of surviving provisions in terminated contracts or for other legitimate business purposes, such as to enable easier future user onboarding, demonstrate our business practices and contractual obligations, or provide you with information about our products and services in case of interest.
8. Children’s Privacy
Interactions with us are intended for individuals 16 years of age and older. Our interactions are not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Information, from children under 16 years of age. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us at the address below and we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
9. External Links
When interacting with us you may encounter links to external sites or other online services, including those embedded in third party advertisements or sponsor information, which we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for such third-party services. You should consult the privacy statements of those third-party services for details.
11. Contact Info/Exercising Your Rights
If you have questions regarding this Notice or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at:
Verification: In order to exercise your rights, we will need to obtain information to locate you in our records or verify your identity depending on the nature of the request. In most cases, we will collect some or all of the following data elements: first and last name, email address, and telephone number. In some cases, we may request different or additional information, including a signed declaration that you are who you say you are. We will inform you if we need such information.
Authorized Agents: Authorized agents may exercise rights on behalf of consumers by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling (833) 656-0555 and indicating that they are submitting the request as an agent. We may require the agent to demonstrate authority to act on behalf of the consumer by providing signed permission from the consumer. We may also require the consumer to verify their own identity directly with us or to directly confirm with us that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Timing: We will process Right to Opt-Out requests within 15 business days. We will respond to Right to Delete, Right to Correct, and Right to Know requests within 45 days unless we need more time, in which case we will notify you and may take up to 90 days total to respond to your request.
13. Additional Disclosures
Pursuant to the CCPA, in the table below we provide a summary of the Personal Information we have collected and disclosed in the prior 12 months. We do not “sell” or “share” your Personal Information, as such terms are defined in the CCPA.
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect||Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Disclose Personal Information for a Business Purpose||Categories of Third Parties to Whom Personal Information is Sold or Shared|
|Identifiers, such as your name, alias, postal address, country of residence, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, phone number, social media identifiers (e.g., Twitter handle, Instagram name, etc.), or other similar identifiers.||
|Personal information subject to the California Customer Records Act, such your name.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity, such as your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our Website.||
|Geolocation data, such as approximate location based on IP address.||
|Professional or employment-related information, such as job title, business address, employment history, or other professional information.||
This Notice was last updated on 30 June 2023.